Uptown Toronto has always been a popular choice to raise a family. Uptown has an excellent selection of both public and private schools and a large variety of recreational amenities. Public transit practically at your doorstep makes work commutes easy. Leafy neighbourhoods such as Lytton Park and Lawrence Park feature stately homes on large lots.
- Uptown was considered the City limits prior to the formation of the Toronto “Mega City” in 1998.
- The stretch of Yonge Street that runs through the middle of Uptown, has an intimate village feel with lots of shops and restaurants operating out of century old commercial buildings.
- Ravines and parks are everywhere providing plenty of year-round recreational outlets for the entire family.
- Sherwood Park has one of the cities best off-leash dog areas.
- Many of Toronto’s highest ranked public and private schools are located in Uptown.