Take the One Billion Steps Challenge and STEP UP for breast cancer research.
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the Breast Cancer Society of Canada’s, (BCSC), annual Mother’s Day Walk, now the One Billion Steps Challenge, powered by Cleo. BCSC is inviting all Canadians to STEP UP to the challenge this May – to walk, hike, run, hit a class or just dance to help collectively reach the goal of One Billion Steps in support of life-saving breast cancer research.
Participants are encouraged to download the mobile app to invite and challenge their friends, family, and colleagues, share their progress on social media, and track their ranking against the entire pool of participants.
There are workout videos and unique prizes to keep everyone motivated throughout the month, including a grand prize of kitchen appliances valued at $1,000 donated by Cuisinart Canada for the participant who raises the most money!
- May 1-31, 2021
- Anytime and anywhere, you make your own schedule. Just get those steps!
- Register at www.mothersdaywalk.ca & download the app
- Invite your network to join in on the Challenge
- Get moving and donate the money you raise online
- One in 8 women in Canada will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime;
- This year, more than 27,400 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer;
- On average, 14 Canadian women will die from breast cancer every day;
BCSC is delighted that Cleo is once again the presenting sponsor of the One Billion Steps Challenge. New in 2021, BCSC welcomes Callia Flowers as their exclusive partner for sending floral gifts. Other 2021 partners include The Weather Network, Porsche Cars Canada Ltd., Cuisinart Canada and Windspeaker Media.
The Breast Cancer Society of Canada, (BCSC) is a registered, national non-profit charity dedicated to saving lives through breast cancer research. BCSC raises money to fund patient-focused research for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of breast cancer.