As a orthopaedic and pelvic floor physiotherapist, my objective for each person is finding the root cause of their symptoms in order to effectively treat them. I work together with the individual in assisting them to achieve their goals and further empowering them. Some of the treatment techniques I incorporate include manual therapy, soft tissue release, acupuncture/dry needling, exercise therapy, and education.
Pelvic health physiotherapy is a specialized area of physiotherapy that assesses and treats both women and men with problems in and around the pelvis.
Part of this includes the pelvic floor, which is made up of joints, ligaments, nerves, and muscles. The muscles attach to the front, back and sides of our pelvic bone and sacrum.
Pelvic Health physiotherapy is for anyone experiencing:
- Stress / Urge Incontinence
- Constipation / Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse (‘sense of heaviness’ in vagina or rectum)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Vulvodynia / Vaginismus
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Interstitial Cystitis / Bladder Pain Syndrome
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Pregnancy and Postpartum related concerns (pain, leakage, scarring)
- Diastasis Recti
- Low back and hip related to pelvic floor dysfunction
Lastly, as a certified yoga instructor, I enjoy integrating yoga as part of one’s physiotherapy treatment for those curious or interested in yoga.